VoiceBee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VoiceBee

Start or join the conversation by browsing, leaving comments, or start your own thread to let your voicebee heard.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ContributionContribution  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

12 Deadly Workout Sins

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RepellantDrake
HoneyBee
HoneyBee
RepellantDrake

Referred By : VoiceBee
Honey Points : 450

12 Deadly Workout Sins Empty
PostSubject: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyApril 28th 2014, 2:45 am

Not seeing results with your workout? Maybe you're committing one of these workout sins

Sin #1: Too much, too soon
"If women want their arms smaller, their abs smaller, or their thighs smaller, they typically will work those muscles every time they work out," says Melyssa St. Michael, a personal trainer and director of UltraFit Human Performance.

These are some really good tips and I figured some of you may want to benefit from them.  Hoping it helps...
Link to full article:  http://bodyforlife.com/library/articles/training/12-deadly-workout-sins
Back to top Go down
KimmyCocoaPuffs
Admin
KimmyCocoaPuffs

Honey Points : 724

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyApril 29th 2014, 8:18 am

Great article! Sin #8: Having an "all or nothing" mentality.  This one is my biggest sin.  I can be doing so good and dedicated, and as they say, life happens and I miss out on exercising.  I feel so guilty and the guilt keeps me away from the gym.  Then I set my mind to it again and I'm back to exercising but this can be a vicious cycle for me sometimes.  I gotta stop thinking this way, so thanks RepellantDrake.  I needed this!
Back to top Go down
TaylorMade
HoneyBee
HoneyBee
TaylorMade

Honey Points : 234

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyApril 29th 2014, 1:06 pm

Me too KimmyCocoaPuffs.  It seems like once you fall off you just go into the mindset of I can't do this instead of taking on the attitude, I didn't today but I will tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
RepellantDrake
HoneyBee
HoneyBee
RepellantDrake

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyApril 29th 2014, 5:26 pm

Hey, like the old saying goes "If you fall, get back up!"
Back to top Go down
TaylorMade
HoneyBee
HoneyBee
TaylorMade

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyMay 1st 2014, 10:16 pm

You're right RepellantDrake.  It's easier said than done but it's an attitude that I must make a part of my every day thinking.
Back to top Go down
RepellantDrake
HoneyBee
HoneyBee
RepellantDrake

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyMay 6th 2014, 7:29 am

How is the "getting back on the horse" mentality working out for you ladies?
Back to top Go down
KimmyCocoaPuffs
Admin
KimmyCocoaPuffs

Honey Points : 724

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyMay 6th 2014, 3:11 pm

Hahaha.  It showed it's ugly head.  It's a bad habit I gotta break but I did get back on the horse  Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Dkay
Newbee
Newbee
Dkay

Referred By : Gamer87
Honey Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyMay 11th 2014, 9:01 am

Sin #11: Being too lightweight

I recognize this one sooo much. 80% of my female clients are afraid to touch anything they view as heavy because they fear they'll buff up and look like a bodybuilder over night!
Back to top Go down
RepellantDrake
HoneyBee
HoneyBee
RepellantDrake

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyMay 12th 2014, 7:11 am

KimmyCocoaPuffs wrote:
Hahaha.  It showed it's ugly head.  It's a bad habit I gotta break but I did get back on the horse  Very Happy .

Do you mean not getting back on the horse showed it's ugly head?
Back to top Go down
TaylorMade
HoneyBee
HoneyBee
TaylorMade

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyMay 13th 2014, 10:50 am

Dkay wrote:

I recognize this one sooo much. 80% of my female clients are afraid to touch anything they view as heavy because they fear they'll buff up and look like a bodybuilder over night!

This is so me.  I was always told you need to focus on cardio, lose your desired weight and then the weight lifting.  Now this is stuck in my mind so I don't lift any weights.
Back to top Go down
Loret
Newbee
Newbee
Loret

Referred By : Snacks
Honey Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins EmptyMay 18th 2014, 9:28 am

TaylorMade wrote:
Dkay wrote:

This is so me.  I was always told you need to focus on cardio, lose your desired weight and then the weight lifting.  Now this is stuck in my mind so I don't lift any weights.

Hah! Recognize myself there  Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 Deadly Workout Sins   12 Deadly Workout Sins Empty

Back to top Go down

12 Deadly Workout Sins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VoiceBee :: General :: Health & Fitness-
Jump to: