VoiceBee

Start or join the conversation by browsing, leaving comments, or start your own thread to let your voicebee heard.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  ContributionContribution  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Petition: Release Rene Lima-Marin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KimmyCocoaPuffs
Admin
KimmyCocoaPuffs

Referred By : VoiceBee
Honey Points : 724

Petition:  Release Rene Lima-Marin  Empty
PostSubject: Petition: Release Rene Lima-Marin    Petition:  Release Rene Lima-Marin  EmptyJune 25th 2014, 8:12 am

My husband Rene Michael Lima-Marin was incarcerated in 1998 at the age of 19 and served 10 years of his 16 year sentence for robbery in which he used an unloaded gun and no one was hurt. He was released in 2008 and placed on parole which he successfully completed in 2013. But in January 2014 it was determined that a clerical error had been made and he was sent back to prison for an additional 90 years. 

During his six years of freedom, Rene strived to be a productive member of society.  He had been rehabilitated and took full advantage of this second chance; we had a child, purchased a home, and got married. He coached his step-son’s soccer team, mentored other youth to stay out of trouble, and maintained full time employment so he could support our family.

To take him away from our family and lock him up for the rest of his life is unjust.

I certainly do not want to make light of the mistakes that Rene made as a teenager but I do call into question the life sentence Rene and our family faces. Does a man that was formally released from the penal system, met all the conditions of this release, and turned his life around deserve this type of justice? Are we as a society really willing to accept that a clerical error is enough justification to rip apart a family? 

Rehabilitate means to help re-adapt, as to a former state of health or good repute. The entire penal system was created to rehabilitate and restore individuals to be productive members of society. 

Read more:  https://www.change.org/petitions/john-w-suthers-release-rene-lima-marin

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to
the slaughter." George Washington.
Back to top Go down
Penny1000
HoneyBee
HoneyBee
Penny1000

Referred By : Kiyah
Honey Points : 177

PostSubject: Re: Petition: Release Rene Lima-Marin    Petition:  Release Rene Lima-Marin  EmptyJune 25th 2014, 8:28 am

Thanks for the share; I signed too.  I do believe everyone deserves a second chance so I do hope what she is saying is true.
Back to top Go down
KimmyCocoaPuffs
Admin
KimmyCocoaPuffs

PostSubject: Re: Petition: Release Rene Lima-Marin    Petition:  Release Rene Lima-Marin  EmptyJune 27th 2014, 2:01 pm

Yeah really.  NOthing like signing a petition and find out the person was lying.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to
Back to top Go down
RepellantDrake
HoneyBee
HoneyBee
RepellantDrake

Honey Points : 450

PostSubject: Re: Petition: Release Rene Lima-Marin    Petition:  Release Rene Lima-Marin  EmptyJuly 3rd 2014, 1:32 am

Then it's too late because you signed.   Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
KimmyCocoaPuffs
Admin
KimmyCocoaPuffs

PostSubject: Re: Petition: Release Rene Lima-Marin    Petition:  Release Rene Lima-Marin  EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 6:31 am

Yep!  I guess it's a follow your gut kind of thing.  Anyway I will continue to pass the Petitions along cause if I did a Petition I would want others to share it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petition: Release Rene Lima-Marin    Petition:  Release Rene Lima-Marin  Empty

Back to top Go down

Petition: Release Rene Lima-Marin
Page 1 of 1