VoiceBee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VoiceBee

Start or join the conversation by browsing, leaving comments, or start your own thread to let your voicebee heard.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ContributionContribution  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KimmyCocoaPuffs
Admin
KimmyCocoaPuffs

Referred By : VoiceBee
Honey Points : 724

DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies  Empty
PostSubject: DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies    DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies  EmptyAugust 12th 2014, 11:59 pm

Jacob Lavoro is a teenager facing life in prison for baking marijuana brownies in Round Rock, Texas. He's a young man who has never been in trouble with the law before, and has always been a great kid who we love very much. I started the petition because I live in the same city as Jacob Lavoro and I felt a responsibility to help stand up for him. Our county has a history of excessively punishing minor crimes or even innocent people to "send a message" that has little do with justice or the best interests of the community.

Read more and sign if interested: https://www.change.org/petitions/jana-duty-you-promised-to-restore-integrity-to-the-williamson-county-district-attorney-s-office-use-alternative-sentencing-reduce-jacob-s-charges-to-misdemeanor-possession-2?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=116580&alert_id=VcwtXbGvKm_diJ7pDPjZVUs7KOWFFKjZl8j%2B%2BodmFUIbZUnGmJvazE%3D
Back to top Go down
MichaelT
Newbee
Newbee
MichaelT

Referred By : RepellantDrake
Honey Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies    DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies  EmptyAugust 13th 2014, 12:05 am

I actually signed this Petition earlier.  It's hard to believe they want to sentence him to life.  What's the difference in a brownie or in a blunt?  So in a brownie is life and in a blunt is one year.
Back to top Go down
Kiyah
Newbee
Newbee
Kiyah

Honey Points : 166

PostSubject: Re: DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies    DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies  EmptyAugust 13th 2014, 3:04 pm

Maybe he was selling it to kids.  If that is the case then I can see why they want him to face life.
Back to top Go down
KimmyCocoaPuffs
Admin
KimmyCocoaPuffs

Referred By : VoiceBee
Honey Points : 724

PostSubject: Re: DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies    DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies  EmptyAugust 14th 2014, 7:30 am

For a first offense that still seems pretty harsh but like you say if kids are involved that is bad.
Back to top Go down
MichaelT
Newbee
Newbee
MichaelT

Honey Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies    DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies  EmptyAugust 17th 2014, 8:47 pm

It had to be children involved.  I haven't really been following this case but yes kids being involved makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies    DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies  Empty

Back to top Go down

DA Jana Duty: Stop a life sentence for pot brownies
Page 1 of 1